[Fantasy Baseball] Hitting for the Cycle
diamondmaker : September 3, 2008 10:12 AM

missed it by ...... that much

1922 Babe Ruth just went 4 for 5 with 2 doubles, a triple, and a HR...

http://www.thetoolsofignorance.com/games/barnstorm/eventlog.php?id=6836&type=barn

diamondmaker : October 21, 2008 07:50 AM

I'm sure someone else has probably done it as well, but Reggie Jefferson hit for the cycle today going 5 for 5 with a single, 2 doubles, a triple and a hr.

Peter Griffin : October 21, 2008 06:57 PM

i vaguely remember Reggie Jefferson playing when i was younger. I looked up his stats, and he was better than i remember. i'm also surprised he was out of baseaball as early as he was considering his career numbers are pretty good.

Ford Fricks Asterisk : October 21, 2008 07:58 PM

I've had a few players hit for the cycle. Some day I'll get bored enough to skim over the hitters' game logs and see who has my longest hitting streak.

Reggie Jefferson was really effective as a platoon DH. He could rake against RHP, but he couldn't hit lefties or play a lick of defense. I don't remember if there was an injury or something to explain why he didn't play past age 30.

I remember when the Indians traded their former #1 pick Tim Costo for Jefferson in 1991. I was at what I think was Jefferson's organizational debut at Canton-Akron and I think he went hitless while striking out three times. You guys are making me feel old.

Reply (You must be logged in)

Click here to log in