[Fantasy Baseball] Useless info
franco : June 26, 2008 12:05 PM

There are 114 players who currently appear more than once in the Barnstormiverse . Players with more then 2 occurrences:

-- 4 Occurrences --
Early Wynn
Harmon Killebrew
Honus Wagner
Jeff Conine
King Kelly

-- 3 Occurrences --
Brian Giles
Dave Kingman
Hal Newhouser
Jeff Bagwell
Lance Berkman
Matt Stairs
Nolan Ryan
Randy Johnson
Rickey Henderson
Rob Mackowiak

franco : June 26, 2008 12:08 PM

There are also 13 player seasons that appear more than once. So far, no player season is owned by more than two teams.

2000 Brian Giles
1890 Deacon McGuire
1962 Frank Baumann
2001 Jeff Bagwell
1998 Matt Stairs
1932 Ray Pepper
1989 Rickey Henderson
2004 Rob Mackowiak
1987 Steve Lyons
1972 Terry Crowley
1894 Tom Parrott
1952 Vic Wertz
1909 Vic Willis

Poulanc : June 26, 2008 04:08 PM

That's actually really interesting. Do we know how players are selected? Is it a completely random grab from a baseball-reference type site?

summerteeth : August 12, 2008 01:57 AM

here's some interesting trivia. one of my bench players, Len Koenecke, had a respetcable 3 year career. i noticed he died after the 1935 season at only 31 years of age. I googled his name, and here's how he died:

from baseballreference.com - "Len Koenecke died one of the strangest deaths in baseball history. After he was released by the Brooklyn Dodgers on a road trip, Koenecke took a plane from St. Louis. On a flight that evening, the confused Koenecke, who probably had been drinking, tried to take the controls from the hands of the pilot. After a struggle, the pilot hit Koenecke over the head with a fire extinguisher. He was killed instantly. The pilot reported that Koenecke had appeared to be in great distress prior to the take off. The pilot was nevertheless charged with manslaughter in Ontario but eventually acquitted."

how bizarre!!

# of edits: 1
Last edited: August 12, 2008 01:59 AM

Reply (You must be logged in)

Click here to log in