[TToI Online Game Support] Barnstorming Weekly Strategy Guide #3
nearlygod : February 11, 2008 02:33 PM

As promised, a Barnstorming tournament is currently being organized in Illinois. The matchups for the Naperville Open will be announced as soon as 16 teams have reached the 60563 zip code. The teams will be seeded in order of arrival until all of the spots have been filled. Once your team has reached the selected zip code, you are free to move anywhere else that you want, you do not need to stay at that zip code.

Each tournament win will be worth 25 points. The tournament winner will also receive the town's 31,405 fans and a classic team of their choice.

Line ups and pitching rotations will be set at the start of the first game. Starting pitchers for the four possible games will be: #1, #2, #3, and then #1 again for the finale. Pitcher health does not matter in tournament games and will not affect regular barnstorm games. If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

If your team doesn't make it in time, rest assured that another tournament will take place later in the month. The more teams we have, the more tournaments that will be organized so invite your friends.

This week's tip involves an off-site resource that will help you move your team in the direction of Naperville, IL. While an on-site map is a possibility in the future, for now you will have to settle for the next best thing. Some players have found the following map to be very useful: Zip Code Map.

In other news, you can now play exhibition games against the 1899 Cleveland Spiders.

franco

# of edits: 1
Last edited: February 11, 2008 04:07 PM

Ford Fricks Asterisk : February 12, 2008 02:18 AM

Slowpokes.

Flem Snopes : February 13, 2008 02:09 AM

the yeller hammers have arrived for the tournament. the long trip left their winton flyers without gas, though. so they took the rest of the day off and decided to check out the pugnuckling scene north of the tracks.

- flem

Swampudlian : February 13, 2008 11:27 AM

Wouldn't "winton flyers" be "plum out" of gas?

What a flivver!

Flem Snopes : February 13, 2008 12:58 PM

i spose. either way hits done gone.

(seriously, though, i don't recall faulkner ever using "plum", but i'm not sure how he would have put it. adding the h to "it" annoys me, but i assume must be accurate and was his standard procedure.)

mostly, i was just looking for an excuse to use pugnuckling in a sentence.

- flem

# of edits: 1
Last edited: February 13, 2008 12:58 PM

Swampudlian : February 13, 2008 01:08 PM

You can tell I'm a Michigander... I looked up "flivver" only to be sure that there are 2 v's in it. Recalling it as a term for a vee-hickle was just off the top of my head.

The Tree Huggers were close enough to make it to make it to the tourney in one move this morning, but I kept meandering around the Pittsburgh suburbs and almost blew it entirely... Made it to the "portal city" on precisely my 10th move of the day... And didn't even realize that until I tried to move away from Naperville and was told I couldn't.

Pill Poppers should arrive tomorrow if I don't screw that one up, too.

Swampudlian : February 14, 2008 02:51 PM

And, once we're entered, we don't have to stick around Naperville? Is that correct?

Ford Fricks Asterisk : February 14, 2008 03:24 PM

Correct.

Flem Snopes : February 14, 2008 04:18 PM

speakin' of pugnuckling, the Hammers is gonna find themselves some real fun now that they dropped the 1-fer-16 utility feller and picked up Ol' Charlie Hustle.

- flem

Ford Fricks Asterisk : February 18, 2008 01:17 PM

If we could get one more team to Naperville, we can get the tournament started.

Reply (You must be logged in)

Click here to log in