[Fantasy Baseball] Whiskeytown winning streak
Ford Fricks Asterisk : March 24, 2008 10:57 AM

Has just reached double-digits.

Flem Snopes : March 24, 2008 10:37 PM

Should have kept my mouth shut... the winning streak ends at 11, thanks to the Durham Bulldogs. I was a bit worried about screwing up my luck by adding new 3B Bill Werber. He replaces Myron Allen, who had mediocre real ball numbers, but always seemed to do well, especially in the clutch, for Whiskeytown... that also changed the bottom 1/3 of my lineup. Instead, Werber did just fine (2-for-3, triple, hbp), but Ernie Shore shut down the heart of my order (Oliva, Bench, Stairs & Thompson were 0-for-18).

The other guy I added during the streak, #5 starter Mickey Lolich, may not even be any better than the guy he replaced (Bill Lee), but he's pitched 18 shutout innings so far, so he'll keep his job.

summerteeth : May 9, 2008 04:50 PM

my Polydactyl Cats are doing it w/ futility. we've dropped 8 in a row, including 7 by 3 runs or less, and 6 by 2 runs or less. i'd love to get a couple of these as Ws instead.

# of edits: 1
Last edited: May 9, 2008 04:50 PM

Ford Fricks Asterisk : May 12, 2008 11:45 AM

Speaking of Whiskeytown winning streaks, Ed Poole finally lost his first game (or at least his first game since we started tracking stats) and is 15-1.

jcarwash31 : May 12, 2008 01:30 PM

Ahhh the good old days of winning streaks. I remember those. I think I had a few 7 game streaks. Now all of my streaks are of the losing kind. I'm on a 6 game one right now. I have way too many players whose numbers don't reflect their actual numbers. Thank god for Mickey Klutts.

jcarwash31 : May 12, 2008 04:46 PM

This losing streak ended at 7 games thanks to an 11th inning win.

Pork Chop Pough : May 14, 2008 02:09 PM

Now for the Whiskeytown losering streak...

Ended at 7 games (8 out of 9)... the longest previous losing streak had been 4 games.

Ford Fricks Asterisk : May 15, 2008 02:15 AM

After meeting with former manager Skillet Gilmore Wednesday evening, Whiskeytown owner Ryan Adams has announced that the two have reconciled their differences and Gilmore has been rehired to take over the position once again.

Phil Wandscher, who guided the Loserings to a 10-11 record after taking over following the abrupt Gilmore firing earlier this month, will return to his position as pitching coach.

jcarwash31 : May 29, 2008 11:50 AM

The Thunder Bitches current losing streak is at 8 games, dropping their record to below .500 for the first time ever. Over those 8 games the Bitches have scored only 8 runs, but only 1 game was a shutout. During the streak they have lost two games by 3 runs, four games by 2 runs, and one game by 1 run. The other game was a 15-2 blowout. That means that in 7 of the 8 games, the T-Bitches have been outscored by 15 runs, or 2.14 runs per game.

jcarwash31 : May 29, 2008 02:09 PM

The Minneapolis Thunder Bitches get lucky in Vegas and end their streak with a 5-4 win over the Warren Cheswick Experience.

Ford Fricks Asterisk : June 4, 2008 06:17 PM

Whiskeytown has hit a low... I'm pretty sure this is as bad as their winning percentage has been in months (dropped to second overall for only the second time over the past few months)... and did so by losing the fans of the town I work in to the upstart 2-4 Penny Dreadfuls.

motown baseball assoc. : June 25, 2008 11:10 AM

The Morris Townies just had a 9 game streak ended at the hands of Livonia.

Ford Fricks Asterisk : August 10, 2008 12:04 PM

Whiskeytown just answered perhaps its worst stretch of games in team history with a 15 game winning streak. They outscored their opponents 82-19, with one shutout and in the other 14 games they allowed 1 or 2 runs. The streak even included Gustavo Chacin and Willy Wilson each making a start on 3 games rest and Frank Owen making a spot start, so that I could finally move Christy Mathewson down to the #5 spot where he belongs.

Wilson finally lost to Mittens in the Outfield, 4-3, in 11 innings. Then in a truly WTF moment, Mathewson lost the next game to the Mittens 20-4. Going back as far as I can in the game log, Whiskeytown had never given up more than 15 runs in a game (dating back to early May)... to no surprise, the 15 run game was also Mathewson. He's by far the most disappointing player I've ever had on a roster -- there's just nothing in his real ball numbers to suggest how much he sucks -- and will now be losing his rotation spot to Frank Owen.

summerteeth : August 11, 2008 10:31 AM

I've got 2 players like Mathewson. both Lefty Grove & Ellis Burks are both performing much worse than expected, even with a decent sample size. i've long since taken both of them out of the lineup/rotation & played much better since.

jcarwash31 : August 18, 2008 12:01 AM

The Thunder Bitches just had a 12 game winning streak snapped by Yoknapatawpha. The streak was a much needed one for the Bitches who, despite a star studded lineup, were mired in sucktitude.

jcarwash31 : September 1, 2008 06:59 PM

The Minneapolis Thunder Bitches just had a 18 game winning streak snapped by hop that train.

Reply (You must be logged in)

Click here to log in