[TToI Online Game Support] Hypothetical Question about stats
franco : March 13, 2008 03:25 PM

Several people have requested the ability to view player stats. Unfortunately, the current game logs have not been very conducive to this and would require too much server power. In order to attempt this, I would need to start storing stats in a different format.

I'm not promising anything, since I am still concerned that saving player stats will cause too much load on the server, but if we were able to save player stats, all previously played games would not be included. At that point, would you prefer that all previous games be wiped out and everyone starts back at 0 games played. Basically, we would treat it as if everything up to that point had been "preseason" and didn't count.

Or... would you rather leave team wins and losses as they are and just start collecting stats as of a certain date?

With either option, player rosters, fans, locations, discoveries, etc. would not be touched. Only the team totals and previous game history would be wiped out if we decide to go with the "starting over" option.

Again, this is not guaranteed to happen but if we were able to save player stats, which option would you prefer?

Franco

# of edits: 1
Last edited: March 13, 2008 03:26 PM

Prof.Whoopie : March 13, 2008 07:09 PM

I would keep the old records AND start over. You could show the "preseason" record alongside the new one until we get to the point where enough games have been played with the new system that everyone can see who is good and who is not.

Flem Snopes : March 13, 2008 08:35 PM

Yoknapatawpha ownership votes to throw out the previous W/L record.

- flem

Ford Fricks Asterisk : March 13, 2008 08:36 PM

Whiskeytown ownership votes to keep the previous W/L record.

_rcc94_ : March 15, 2008 07:05 PM

I prefer leaving team wins and losses as they are and just start collecting stats as of a certain date.

Swampudlian : March 17, 2008 12:10 PM

As bad as my teams are, I don't think we need a preseason-type arrangement. Whiskeytown certainly has earned their record, they deserve to keep it.

Reply (You must be logged in)

Click here to log in