[Fantasy Baseball] Barnstorming No-Hitters?
Ford Fricks Asterisk : February 20, 2008 02:09 PM

I don't think there's been one yet, has there?

I'm aware of two 1-hitters, one that went into the 9th. Ed Poole just pitched a one hitter for another Whiskeytown victory (18 wins in the last 21 or 22 games). Poole was perfect until he gave up a single with two out in the 7th. He also walked the lead-off hitter in the 8th, but retired everyone else.

I also know that Honus Wagner hit for the cycle in a game for Rubber City, but assume he's not the only one.

# of edits: 1
Last edited: February 20, 2008 02:09 PM

Swampudlian : February 21, 2008 10:44 AM

Hey, now that you mention it, am I missing something or is there a way to track your team's stats in games played?

Ford Fricks Asterisk : February 21, 2008 01:55 PM

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question.

If you're asking if there's a play-by-play of the game... yes, it's on the box score page, at the bottom. It requires a little interpretation, but it shouldn't be difficult for you to figure out (coded the same as retrosheet).

If you're asking whether there's any sort of accumulating of game stats... no. I think at this point Tom's decided that the programming would be too much for the server.

Swampudlian : February 21, 2008 03:55 PM

Yeah, I mean I understand the layout of each individual game... And certainly the box score looks like every box score I've ever seen before... But the Tree Huggers are north of 40 games now... I'd like to see how many dingers my eKillebrew has slammed, or if my e-Juan Gone has as bad an OBP as he had in real life... It would be particularly good for my pitchers, because since I only see each pitcher every 5th game, I don't have a real sense of who the staff ace is, and who I throw out to the mound and avert my eyes... Etc.

If it's too much for the server, I'm not complaining (yet), but I just want to make sure that it doesn't already exist and I'm just missing it.

Flem Snopes : February 21, 2008 11:24 PM

I figured... eventually... that's what you meant, as I know you'd already mentioned something about the play-by-play in one of your earlier games.

jcarwash31 : June 9, 2008 02:06 PM

Bill Dineen of the Minneapolis Thunder Bitches just pitched a 2-hit shutout against Penny Dreadfuls, he also walked 3. Interestingly enough, both hits were by Jim Ray Hart, a single in the 1st and a single in the 9th, and all 3 walks were drawn by Greg Gross.

erniecamacho : June 12, 2008 08:04 AM

My Shelbyville Shelbyvillians just got 1 hit by Dock Ellis of the Mighty Minnows. Jim Kelly had my only hit, a double with 2 out in the 8th.

EC

motown baseball assoc. : June 12, 2008 09:18 AM

That must have been right after Randy Jones of my Morris Townies pitched a 2 hitter against Shelbyville.

Poulanc : June 12, 2008 10:15 AM

I just took a quick trip back through my games played...

The Kennard Killers have tossed 3 1-hitters. Twice they came over the Warren Cheswick Experience and once against the Goodyear Heights Dirigibles.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Kennard Killers also gave up 24 hits in a game to the Grunge Rockers...

flounder : July 3, 2008 07:18 PM

just had Doc McJames pitch a 1 hitter gave up a lead off triple in the 9th he walked 1 earlier close.

dbackfan : July 3, 2008 08:28 PM

in the 1st round of the tournament Doyle Alexander threw a 2 hitter and then in the 3rd round George Zettlein threw a 3 hitter for the dbacks

ripper : August 5, 2008 08:11 AM

George Bradley of the Columbus Rippers threw a no-hitter vs. hop that train today. He walked 2 batters (Reggie Jackson both times) and struck out 3.

bingo long : August 5, 2008 08:31 PM

congrats someone finally got one. how long did it take you to get all that pitching wow

Poulanc : August 6, 2008 09:40 AM

Jack Dunn of the Kennard Killers just threw an 11 inning no-hitter, walking only 1 batter.

summerteeth : August 12, 2008 02:03 AM

Glen Park Polydactyl Cats phenom Beany Jacobson threw a 1 hitter against give me your tired your poor your scrubs tonight. he's off to a hot start, 6-1 w/ 5 shutouts, since being signed by the Cats a few days ago.

edited to add: Jacobson threw another shutout today, his 4th in a row. his scoreless inning streak is now up to 39 innings.

# of edits: 1
Last edited: August 12, 2008 07:12 PM

Ford Fricks Asterisk : August 12, 2008 09:12 PM

Interesting... after reading that, I went to look him up, expecting to find some guy who had like 12 innings and had allowed 6 hits and a couple walks. Instead, he threw 155 innings with a whip of 1.116. Excellent numbers for sure, but not something that would suggest that type of dominance.

If I wasn't about to make the jump to Puerto Rico, I'd make some challenges to try to break that streak.

summerteeth : August 12, 2008 11:19 PM

i'm just as surprised as anyone. you are right, his stats are very good, but nothing that would suggest his current performance. in any case, i'm definitely enjoying Jacobson's overachieving. i wonder if his HRs allowed (only 3, pitching in an era of very few HRs) has anything to do with it?

final edit - Jacobson's streak ends at 43 innings.

on topic, Geoff Zahn of the Myrtle Beach Balls threw a no hitter on the 8th of August, bringing the total to 3 (and 3 in a 4 day span).

# of edits: 4
Last edited: August 13, 2008 10:17 AM

qazerbb : August 13, 2008 02:35 PM

thanks for telling me i didn't notice that i feel like an idiot should of caught that

diamondmaker : October 1, 2008 07:13 AM

Russ Ford of the Grunge Rockers just threw a perfect game against can of corn

weatherman : October 1, 2008 12:32 PM

almost had one on the 23rd sept walked a guy with one out in the ninth babe adams was the pitcher

haasdr : October 2, 2008 04:13 PM

i believe Russ Ford would then have the first perfect game in TTOI history.

Ford Fricks Asterisk : October 6, 2008 11:29 AM

I just looked up the box score for the Russ Ford perfect game, but it isn't showing up on the page for pitching records.

diamondmaker : October 6, 2008 12:53 PM

I'm not sure why it's not showing up in the pitching records (Franco will have to take a look at that), but the box score can be found at

diamondmaker : October 6, 2008 12:53 PM

http://www.thetoolsofignorance.com/games/barnstorm/eventlog.php?id=9288&type=barn

summerteeth : November 10, 2008 11:00 AM

Beany Jacobson, already my favorite player, through a no hitter against rip 'em up this morning, 4-0. he walked 2 and struck out 1.

motown baseball assoc. : December 19, 2008 04:10 PM

Harry Hardy just threw a 1-hitter in a 12-0 Morris Townies blowout over Ann Arbor. He gave up 2 walks and struckout 3.

flounder : January 17, 2009 10:14 PM

Doc McJames just threw one against Glen Park Polydactyl Cats he walked 1 in the 1st and hit a guy in the 9th

Ford Fricks Asterisk : February 24, 2009 10:30 PM

After leading the league in pitching for most of the league's existence, Whiskeytown finally got its first no-hitter today when Ed Poole blanked the Myrtle Beach Balls 2-0. Poole walked two batters in the 2nd inning but retired every other hitter he faced, striking out no one. He improves his career record to 111-31.

Reply (You must be logged in)

Click here to log in