[Fantasy Baseball] Calling out the Livonia Lemon Drops
Swampudlian : January 25, 2008 11:17 AM

Whoever started this team, you should know that Livonia is the home town of my ex... Should make for quite a rivalry, I'm guessing. Lots of chin music and the occasional errant throw from the keystone of an attempted double play right into the opposing player's cup (in other words, be sure your guys are wearing theirs).

Lemondrop : February 14, 2008 10:44 AM

Charlie Hustle will take whatever you throw at him.

Tell me Swampman, what battling order philosophy do you subscribe to that places Juan Gonzalez in the 8th slot and Dave Hansen in the 4th?

Swampudlian : February 14, 2008 02:36 PM

Because it wasn't one of Juan Gone's better years... Very low OBP, to the point where he's a fugging out machine. Does a good job of cleaning up the leftovers when he does run into one, though. I forget the exact machinations right now, but 1-2-3 goes OBP, OBP, power with good OBP (Killebrew), then 4-5 is OBP followed by power with an OK OBP (Galarraga), then 6-7 is 2 so-so OBP guys, and 8-9 are the out machines with power (Juan Gone and the sophomore season of Ron Gant, whose power is more that of a doubles machine type). Come to think of it, I think I'll move Juan Gone to 7, drop 7 to 8 and thus split up the power a little more evenly.

In a real-life lineup, everybody sort of looks up to the cleanup hitter, and he effects how the rest of the team hits... In a simulation like this, who hits #4 is just academic. Hansen holds a 25-point OBP advantage on Juan Gone. It's really that simple.

Swampudlian : February 15, 2008 10:33 AM

And, as if on cue, Dave Hansen won the latest game for me with a walkoff bases-loaded triple (also a note to our friendly programmers that there should be no such thing as a 3-run triple in the bottom of the 9th of a tie game, but Hansen will take the 3 ribbies, thank you very much).

Ford Fricks Asterisk : February 15, 2008 11:04 AM

Maybe he hit a grand slam over the fence, but passed the runner in front of him between third and home.

It's not the programming. It's you.

Reply (You must be logged in)

Click here to log in