[Baseball History] 100 RBI's and out
triviamaster : December 4, 2007 09:18 AM

In the past 20 years three players have had 100 RBI seasons and then never drove in another run. Can you name them?

_triv_

tomhamilton : December 5, 2007 12:36 PM

I had three players in mind but only one was correct. I'll keep it to myself, in case anyone else wants to give this one a try.

Tom

Ford Fricks Asterisk : December 7, 2007 06:50 PM

I know two of them, but only know that the third one isn't Kirby Puckett... 99 rbi in his last season. I've run out of guesses.

Puckett led me to my first correct guess... another guy who suffered a non-baseball condition that made it too risky for him to face major league pitching.

It took me quite awhile to come up with my second correct guess, which is sad because that's the one I should have known right away.

I was trying to think if there was anyone who simply retired while they were at the top of their game like that, but couldn't come up with anyone.

save me from the clowns : December 10, 2007 09:24 AM

Great question!

No one is willing to give any answers away but since it's been several days, I'll post two of the three: Albert Belle and Danny Tartabull. My first guess was Dave Kingman but he just missed it. I'm stuck on the third.

smftc

save me from the clowns : December 10, 2007 09:51 AM

I got it!

1) The third player also retired due to a health condition.

2) In his brief career, he only had one 100 RBI season.

3) He played a few games the following season but didn't drive in any runs.

smftc

Ford Fricks Asterisk : December 10, 2007 10:47 AM

Tartabull is the one I couldn't come up with, and I have no memory of how his career ended, but apparently he broke his foot during the first week of the '97 season and was never able to come back from it.

Reply (You must be logged in)

Click here to log in